New Guides for Journalists Covering Disasters
ICFJ has produced two essential guides to help journalists better cover disasters and deal with traumatic situations.
- Disaster and Crisis Coverage
- Journalism and Trauma
* Practical guidelines for delivering news responsibly while staying safe;
* Tips for creating a disaster preparedness plan for your newsroom;
* Ethical suggestions for journalists working with grief-stricken survivors;
* Tips for journalists dealing with post-traumatic stress;
* Links to other online resources for journalists;
* And much more!
These guides build on the success of ICFJ's crisis reporting program for U.S Hispanic and Latin American journalists sponsored by the McCormick Foundation.
BACK TO TOP